As it turned out, my previous post’s packing list proved to be totally useless. You can tell I am total beginner at this mum thing.
- Distraction toys. Unnecessary mostly. BV was happy with an IPad and slept on both flights. I bet I’d need them if I didn’t take them so for now I’m keeping them as an essential. ✅
- Sunscreen obvs. ✅ pop up tent? Pff considering we only made the beach in the evening this was a big fat no. ❎
- Baby carrier. Yes! #holidaywin ✅
- Beach shoes. Did you even read my Santorini with a toddler post? #holidayfail ❎
- Baby powder. For Fucks Sake ❎
For our next trip i’ll start a fresh as clearly I brought more crap then was deemed necessary. However, I did bring one item that turned out to be the absolute shizzle.
Corksicle Canteen Keeps drinks cold for up to 25 hours or hot for 12 hours. This really is the best thing since sliced bread. Totally revolutionary and worth every penny of the £20 note I handed over. In fact I’m off to buy a few more..
At some point in my life (a few years ago) I held an aspiration to write a travel blog.
I have travelled extensively over the years. I hoped to someday visit every single country. (Pfff I can but dream). I’ve great memories (and great pics) to remind me how breathtaking and beautiful the world is. I am fortunate that I’ve been able to experience it’s diversity.
Motherhood meant putting my plans for world domination to one side. My priorities changed, however now that BV’s practically fending for himself (22 months), Mr Intrepid and I are thinking about further travels.
In the interim (and to start us off gently) we’ve chosen a simple family holiday (well it’s primarily for a friends wedding so it’s kind of chosen us!) to Santorini.
I know what you’re thinking, “taking a toddler to the island of love and honeymooners…?” You must be mad! Well, my friends indeed we are.
After a bit of research, and finding blogs and articles that advise against taking toddlers to Santorini (especially in July-gulp) I’ve decided to (panic!) ignore it and hope nothing’s as bad as it seems 😳Watch this space for my follow up.
My 5 essentials to pack for a toddler in Santorini:
- Aeroplane distraction toys and snacks for the flight (standard)
- UV pop up tent and sun screen. Because obvs.
- Baby carrier (all them bastard steps!)
- Beach shoes. Hello! Hot Black Sand.
- Baby powder (rub it in and the sand brushes straight over. Genius)
It’s taken me 2 days to even make a bit of a dint in the packing and I’ve realised two things:
1) BV needs so much more crap then anyone else, and 2) he doesn’t get his own hold luggage so somehow I’ve got to squeeze it all in with mine.
I will definitely need a holiday after this.